- 3 lb red snapper filet (or other white fish that is not too thin)
- 2-3 tsp. curry powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground dried ginger or 1-2 tsp grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 can organic light coconut milk, well shaken
- juice of 1 lime
- several tsp soy sauce with ponzu (or plain soy sauce, Japanese style preferred)
- Sprinkle curry powder, ginger, and pepper on fish. (If using fresh ginger add it to the coconut milk in step 3.)
- Lightly brown fish on both sides in hot oil. This gives color and also cooks the curry powder.
- Add coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce; simmer fish until it is done (when pierced with a fork there should be no resistance).
- Fresh cilantro is a fine optional garnish.
Serve immediately. You can store some of the fish for serving the next day. Unused coconut milk can be frozen.